Yesterday the heating and AC contractors were here to install the new heating unit so CLiff wouldn't freeze and whine all this winter. He was so miserable last winter that he was ready to move back to hot humid FL. I put on another sweatshirt and told him to send me an alligator postcard. The quintessential electrician worked on the fuse box and as soon as he opened his mouth, I expected to hear him say "get 'er done!" I had Larry the Cable Guy in my home without paying for the comedy show! Propane people are here this morning so Cliff has his propane hard hat on supervising this job. So many hard hats when you're retired. I think he creates these projects so he can don his foreman hats. More to come.

Also, as you can see, we survived the grueling 3-day food fest. After all that work, neither one of us want to fall back on our old eating habits. Cliff looks better. I can see a slight difference in him. I don't feel anything!! We don't have a scale in the house. We go by the way our clothes fit. I'll try and stick to 1200 calories per day and he'll do 1800.

Comments

ralph said…
we're going to try to have a day with continuous water, power and phone service tomorrow. a novel idea, huh?!

you guys just try to stay conscious, what with all that energy you're taking in at mealtime...

Popular posts from this blog