"Everything you need is already within you."

It's rainy, dark, dank, and raw with a freeze warning of 26 tonight.  This dreary high hit 50 degrees today which called me to the kitchen to brew up a wonderfully warm Butternut Squash Soup (easy and comforting) which we're having this evening with chicken and an Irish potato recipe, Kale Colcannon Potatoes.
                                                       Squash Soup
  I'm still collecting recipes.  What started with one 3-ring binder of new recipes four years ago, has expanded to 4 binders.  This winter when I'm stuck in the house, I'll weed out the recipes that don't thrill our taste buds anymore and replace them with improved recipes.  I felt like chocolate cake today but got too busy to bake one.  And I've discovered that I can make creamy soups using lite coconut milk instead of unhealthy heavy cream.  Because of the rheumatoid arthritis, I've eliminated wheat and gluten from my diet and I've found other healthy whole grains instead.  It's been an interesting and creative journey.

Cliff had a set-back on Wednesday evening when he began coughing and feeling under the weather again.  He was so angry because he thought he was finally getting back to normal, feeling mentally and physically stronger.  Right away Thursday morning we visited our clinic because our doctor was at a medical conference in Nashville and the PA prescribed a stronger antibiotic Rx and another dose of cough medicine.  Today he has his energy back and feels good. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog