Update on Cliff...................
After an immune booster injection, 2 tbs of AFC rapid immune recovery three times a day (which looks like the fish emulsion I apply to the vegetable garden), an antibiotic, cough medicine with codeine, tea and honey, and whatever else he's taking, he finally slept last night and is feeling so-o-o much better today.  He's back to driving "Miss Daisy" around and has resumed his kitchen chores.  Thank goodness!  He cleans up after my cooking.  I love to cook but dislike the cleaning and returning things to where they should be stacked and placed.  This morning he noted that I didn't need to stagger the glasses when emptying the D/W because they fit nicely the way he places them.  chuckle!  Nice to have him upright and back in the kitchen with me again.  I told him he needs to stay healthy because I still have many more years to bake and make soups and I don't want to do this alone. 

For now we feel we have the neighbor's dog invasion under control.  After trimming tree branches, Cliff stacked the limbs and branches along the back of the garage where the dogs made a running path to our yard.  One day while I was in my sewing room, I watched the dogs run and stop, do a quick turn around and head back home.  Actually, if there weren't so many dogs, we wouldn't mind a few visiting us when we're outside.  We want to co-exist with them.  Bill and Cliff cut trees down and work on their ham radio antennae together.  Now Bill and Lisa's newest business venture is beekeeping.  Earlier this week, they came over to help Cliff put up another wire antenna high into the trees and Lisa noticed her bees were all over our bee balm plants gathering nectar.  So, not only do I have her dogs in my yard, I also have her bees. 

But honey bees are amazing and industrious creatures and are allowed in our yard all the time.  Next year they'll be beneficial in the garden, too.  We stood quite close and watched the bees gather nectar without fear of being stung.  They're so focused on their chore they ignore people.  In February Bill and Lisa will pull the honey which will allow the bees to begin gathering sourwood nectar for spring honey. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog