Christmas in Melbourne, Florida with Mark and Jen.

Nice to sink my toes in the sand again.  Ocean was cold but there were a few swimmers and surfers.
Sunday the four of us spent the day in St. Augustine.

View from the fort.

This is what we really went to St. Augustine for.................lunch at the Columbia Restaurant.  The 1905 salad prepared fresh at your table, Cuban bread, which I did consume some and was pleased that it didn't cause joint pain, black bean soup for Jen and me and Cuban sandwiches for the men.
Cliff relaxing with Ember and Schroeder, the two rescue grey hounds.  Actually, the dogs wanted their couch back.
Panther is a very vocal feline.  He spread his black body across our bedroom threshold at 5:30 a.m. so when I went to get my morning coffee, I had to feed him first.

Jen and I got a pedicure on Saturday while Mark worked a couple of hours and on Christmas day we met her parents and family and had dinner in Titusville at their home.  

We did the drive in two days both ways so I could see how my neck and shoulder muscles did.  On the way down our stop was Valdosta, GA and on the way home we stayed in Forsyth, GA.  Traffic was naturally heavy both ways.  Yesterday on route 10 Cliff noticed a deer running across the median toward our lane.  A car passed us on the left nailing the poor deer and tossing it onto the right shoulder.  If that car hadn't sped by us on our left, we would have hit the deer.  Today we safely continued our drive home.  Now the dirty laundry gets unpacked and washed, weekly pill boxes need to be refilled, and we go back to eating healthier.  It was great to relax, eat, drink wine and be with family for Christmas. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog