December 12, 1994    27 degrees cloudy
Dear Betsy,
          Put whole yellow peas to soak for an hour.  We'll have pea soup & kielbasa for supper and garlic bread. Also fed the birds.  Lots of adorable titmice with beady black eyes, perky peaks on head. Got all the rest of the presents ready for mailing and sent UPS.  What a relief!  Retta stopped by to see if we needed anything.  I have all the Christmas lights on and playing Christmas carols!  Too bad you aren't here.  I'm heading off to Piece Goods shortly.  There's a sale on fabric.  I still want to make penuche for Chip and chocolate fudge for kids.  Haven't started cookies yet either.  So much to do and I love the cooking and sewing.
        Well, I'm off to P.G..  Sorry you have to work.  Love and hugs to all.  Wish we could spend a couple of weeks together.

love, Mom & Dad

Our tree is decorated.  White lights outline the porch and window candles are gorilla taped to the  sills.  I've started addressing envelopes and printing Christmas cards. My shopping for family will be done online.  It's 47 degrees today with sunny peeking around clouds and tomorrow's high may reach 37.  We're in for two weeks of cold weather and possibly 1-3 inches of snow.  Corn bread and soup weather.  We're looking forward to a Rocky Mountain Christmas performance featuring John Denver music on the 15th in Hiawassee, Georgia and are heading to Mark and Jen's on the 21st to spend Christmas at their new home in Melbourne, Florida.  I need to walk the beach barefoot and smell the ocean again. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog