Today's weather was wonderful! And I've enjoyed four or five days without Motrin!  Nights are still cold. I still can't figure this out but that's okay.  We reached 49 sunny degrees.  Maybe the humidity was right for me. Who knows!!!  Since Wednesday life has been good.  Even the dreaded dentist visit was positive.  After all these years there are certain childhood triggers that bring anxiety back to the surface.  Since Covid, many of the hygienists left forcing me to get used to new people sticking their fingers in my mouth, probing around, and at this age with RA examining my gums and teeth for deterioration.  I rate dentist visits as invasive as Gyn exams!!  When I was a little girl our dentist was OLD.  Everyone is old when you' re a child.  I used to walk from my home on Riverview St. to Dr. Clancy's office downtown Hudson, sick to my stomach all the way.  Novacaine needles seemed six inches long and as thick as a pencil as he inserted it into my gums.  Then the Dr. disappeared into his office only to reappear what seemed like an eternity later.  Drilling was painful and loud.  Ironically, after his death, his Dutch Colonial house went up for sale on Lincoln St. and Mark and I bought it!!  Anyway, back to the present.  



Winter sky from the yoga deck.

Froggy and I spent some quality time on the yoga deck early afternoon in the sunshine.  Before the wind picked up I soaked up vitamin D, walked around my garden dreaming of springtime, and laid on the deck with froggy letting go of Covid and releasing all stresses.  Ahhhhh!!

Our well went out today and we've been without water all day.  Cliff is in charge of the well which supports five homes.  He has been working all afternoon with Cherokee Well to install a new well and next week a new bladder will be installed.  Our house was built in 2004 so the well is more than twelve years old.  

Cliff got his Covid vaccine Wednesday and luckily has only felt discomfort at the site.  My appointment is February 15.  I'll probably have a different reaction but it'll be better than getting the virus.  We have known many people who have had the virus with negative reactions and others with  minor reactions. 

Cold front moving in.  We're ready........................



Comments

Popular posts from this blog