Thursday, April 29....................

Yesterday was comatose day for Cliff.  He was so cold that he cuddled under his electric blanket and the house heat was set on 75.  I spent the day outside.  I cleaned my side of the garage throwing away junk that hadn't been used in the twelve years we been here, vacuumed the Kia, reorganized the shelves and now we actually have space on the shelves.  I then did a little gardening, planted a few more greens and watered all the container gardens and the big garden.  In the afternoon I sat on the back porch, while he continued to sleep, in my hammock swing and enjoyed............


Cliff is doing a little better today with eating, drinking, and having awake time.  He's still tired and sleeps off and on but comes up for air more often.  Yesterday and this morning he drank a smoothie that I made for myself containing banana, blueberries, and strawberries, almond milk, and chia seeds for protein.  I was pleased that it actually appealed to him.  I'm getting used to the feel of the old red Toyota since he's driving much less.  He thought he could drive to Ingles, against my better judgement, when fatigue took over and I finished the trip picking up some fruit yogurts for him and getting rid of our recycles at the transfer station. 

It's quite breezy today, cloudy and humid, feels like thunderstorm weather.  We have a gorgeous iridescent bluebird that visits the feeders and the ground birdbath.  It may be an Indigo bunting. The Eastern bluebird, which has an light orange under belly, has a nest in one of the boxes outside of the garden.  In the late afternoon the small birds gather around the edge of the ground bath jumping in and out like children in a wading pool dunking whole bodies and flapping wings.  Watching their antics relaxes me makes me laugh.  It's the little things things in life, especially on our mountain, that bring happiness..................



Comments

Popular posts from this blog