There is an eerie stillness in the air this morning.  No bird songs.  Not even a flicker of movement in the trees.  Haven't seen a bird at a feeder or sitting on a branch.  No sign of our two chipmunks.  Each morning I scatter a small handful of seeds containing various kinds of nuts on the back porch.  Within minutes chippy pouches as many as she/he can until the cheeks are lumpy then scurries home to deposit them in storage.  This morning the seeds remain on the porch.  We're hoping a snake or other predator hasn't eaten our chipmunks.  The only sound and sight is the three hummingbirds that never cease feeding and fighting, even during a heavy rain.  It's said that animals sense approaching storms.  TS Ida is a huge storm now and we're under flash flood warnings again for Tuesday and Wednesday.  At 9:45 the temperature is 70 degrees with a 97% humidity.  Cliff has his chemo appointment this morning at 10:45.  I bring a book, a magazine, my iPad and sneakers so I can vary what I feel like doing when I wait for him to come out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog