Tropical storm Fred is slowly changing our atmosphere as it makes landfall in the Florida panhandle.  Yesterday my joints, wrists, and hands told me there was a barometric change happening. Motrin is my friend.  Cliff had his chemo this morning.  Blood platelets were very good. He's trying to include more fresh steamed greens with his lean meats and other natural platelet building foods and plenty of water.  When he goes into the clinic for his treatment, I usually stay in the parking lot, put my feet up and read.  When he first started going, I'd wander around Home Depot or pick up a few items at Ingles but with the high increase of the Delta variant, it's safer to sit in the clinic lot.  If his appointment is an early one, I sit in a rocking chair way down the end of the porch at the Sawmill Restaurant with a coffee and my book.  The restaurant is only about two miles from the clinic.  This morning I looked like I was going away on vacation with my flip-flops, my iPad, The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank, and my writing journal.  The clinic parking lot was full when we pulled in at 10:30.  Cliff drove to the drop-off and left me to wait for a spot. I pulled over as not to block anyone and waited for a patient who would be leaving. Before I could drive to the empty space, another car pulled in front of me and took the spot.  As I watched the elderly masked man, (not Zorro nor the Lone Ranger) get out of his car, I decided not to "beat him up" (just kidding).  Sadly.......he was a cancer patient.  That's painful enough.....................

I have to mix humor with the morbidity of present events. I don't know how this story will end.  It's difficult knowing that this is Cliff's painful week and I feel helpless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog