Why do I feel as if I'm not getting things done like I used to!?  Probably because I'm not getting things done like I used to!  

In the garden, the garlic needed weeding and Cliff helped me drag bags of cow manure and mushroom compost down to the lower garden.  He actually tilled a portion of the lower garden as I anxiously watched fearing he might lose control on the slope.  Seed packets are stacked on the dining room table where I can list which ones get started in seed cups inside and which get planted out in the gardens after this weekend's freezing weather.  Temperatures may drop as low as 14!! early in the morning.  Then later in the week shoot up to 70's in the day.  The past couple of weeks have been challenging.  Barometric pressures rose and dropped rapidly along with extreme temperature changes and I avoided a doctor visit. Hopefully, I'll sail through this next weather change, too.  Cliff's hip joints react to the weather changes and he seems more fatigued, needing more nap-time with the ups and downs. His appetite is still strong.  Chemo brain-fog doesn't allow him to focus on his radios or anything for only a short time. He did help me cut dead branches and overgrown lengthy shoot from the huge overgrown butterfly bush.

We did aggressive pruning!

In another three weeks I'll get the hummingbird feeders out of the garage, make sure they are clean, and make up the first batch of nectar for any travelers.  We expect to see our first male anytime during the first week of April.  Exciting times.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog