Tuesday

 Weather has been so dry, cold and windy that we've avoided walking in the park for weeks.  This morning we dressed for breezy and after doing a few errands, headed for the park around 11:30.  Sunshine felt good and the dry winds weren't suppose to pick up until afternoon.  So refreshing and invigorating to walk outside again.  

Dogwoods dropping their flowers in the breezy weather.

Spring flowers on the rosemary.

Garden is ready.Cliff did the Mantis along the lower tier mixing in manure and compost.  Over the last couple of weeks I've been doing the same with the garden fork throughout the other tiers.  There are a few rows of arugula and spinach between the garlic rows.  This is supposed to work according to Carrots Love Tomatoes, my book on companion planting, on deterring pesky insects from laying eggs on leaves and other destructive ploys.  

                                        My 50+ garlic bulbs

     Throughout the fall and winter when Cliff was feeling up to it, I cut brush while he trimmed using the sawzall, opening up the view of the woods and the spring blooming forsythia.  In little pots the basil, tomato, spinach, marigold, sage, coriander seeds have sprouted. 


Trying a new way to plant potatoes besides planting them in the garden.  I put some in a plastic container and a few bags of soil.  Then cover the seed potatoes with composted soil and water. When the plants are getting height, I'll added more composted soil.  

My new Kitchen Aid range.  Gas company arrived at 8:30 this morning to hook us  I love it.  These sturdy grates don't move around when we're cooking.  So far I've made tea and my white bean and greens soup.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog