Went to a grief counseling session arranged by Four Seasons Hospice.  People need to be aware of what they are attending as some groups as not reputable.  This one is organized and lead by the hospice group.  It meets for six weeks each Monday.  I learned a lot my first Monday.  Basically, I learned that I'm doing quite well with the support I received from my family, my dear close friends, both volunteer fire departments, and my neighbors on my road.  I never feel lonely.  There is a difference in being alone and being lonely.  I treasure my alone time.  Alone allows me to be me.  I've never minded being alone......for awhile.  By the time the first session was over I knew it would be the only one.  The other eight people were mourning more than the loss of a loved one.  They were mourning their pasts, their abuses, their head stories.  I was more depressed being in the group.  What a great insight.  Everyone grieves in their own way at their own time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog