Temperatures behaved like a roller coaster these past five to six days dipping to twenty some nights.  Most of the houseplants stayed in the sunny windows day and night except for the cold hardy collards and arugula.  Those containers got moved up against the house on the covered porch and I put plastic and a large tablecloth over them.  Tonight should be in the mid-forties so everything stay out except the baby transplants I just did today.  

It took me two days to vacuum over the weekend when I decided to move some furniture which started my going through magazines, keep...not keep, then vacuuming the recliner seats and sucking up only one of my favorite new socks.  It's that definite sound of an object quickly disappearing up the vacuum tube when you realize that sock is a goner. Decided not to cut the Miele vacuum bag open.  They are expensive and that's the last one until I order more from Amazon. They are very efficient bags trapping over 99% of harmful allergens hermetically sealing in with the self-sealing collar.  I have more socks and I only wear them on cold nights.  By the time I got to the dining room/kitchen are I quit because the kitchen floor was going to need detailed cleaning under the counters and the island and I knew I'd end up washing the floor after all the baking I had been doing. 

It was cold this morning and air was still hazy.  There have been forestry control burns for a couple of days so air had heavy particles which were irritating to my eyes and caused dry throat.  Late morning the air seemed better and I did some transplanting from starting soil to potting soil into larger containers.  After lunch the temperature was seventy degrees with a light breeze.  I did some soil loosening and raking away the winter leaves.  I only do a small section so I don't suffer in the night.Then I removed all the garden tools, etc from my she-shed and swept out the spiders and winter free-loaders, put the tools back, took inventory of what I may need for spring planting.  That's done.  The small room in the garage that was Cliff's storage is cleaned out now too.  The floor and shelves just needed vacuuming.  Getting close to a dump run. 

When I keep busy I feel pretty content. I found some things that were dear to Cliff and they now hang in his garage room.  I'm looking for his soldering iron to do some projects that I watched on a youTube video. Now that room is a good place to sit and do these projects.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog