It's a dark dreary overcast day with only a 16% chance of rain predicted. The weather station says it's raining cats and dogs. And it's correct! Back in my classroom days in Florida, when it felt like this with dark clouds and the sound of rain on the roof, I used to think how I would love to be sitting with a warm cup of tea and a good book instead of managing a classroom full of energetic students. I had been out on the porch when the this 16% chance of rain opened up and it brought the classroom image back to my memory. So I'm making my cup of tea to return to the porch and enjoy the peaceful rain. In the last twenty minutes the weather station registered 0.54 inches and still raining and the wind has picked up. The temperature dropped from 79 to 70 degrees.
My choice of teas for this dark feeling day is "Rosy Mood" with Damiana & Butterfly Pea Flowers, an uplifting tea that supports a good mood. The tea bag even looks happy. Since I drink a lot less wine now, I've been focusing on a new variety of teas. My aging digestive system prefers I leave the wine drinking to other folks. I went to the gym this morning to work on my muscle strengthening routine but didn't walk Konehete as I didn't trust the 16% prediction. While at the gym I was thinking about making an apple pie or crisp after lunch but that hasn't happened....yet. I still may. Right now I'm enjoying the sound of rain and my tea. Went to the library on the way home from the gym to get another book for this evening. I've been turning off the TV at least an hour before I go to bed hoping that will calm my brain and allow a full night sleep. So far it's been a good move.Popular posts from this blog
We haven't had any rain in weeks and the next ten days show no rain in sight. Trees usually are bursting with fresh green leaves by this time but not leaves sprouting yet. I haven't planted any seeds in the big garden because it'll be too much work to keep that garden watered. I thought about building a raised garden to put by the porch stairs but that would mean power saws so that was out. I found that Lowe's had a 2' X 4' cedar planter kit in a box that I could assemble myself. I started assembling it on the porch with the intent of carrying it down to where I thought it would be best but plans changed. It's a tool-free frame assembly kit where all the parts are computer-driven cut and fit together without fastening. The instructions are the kind I like......no reading to confuse me, just pictures. After I assembled the whole bed, sides slats and all, it was too heavy for me and because it wasn't fast...
Deer helping me trim the tired summer plants. This is bunny's trademark. With seasonal changes happening animal diets have changed. Plants that have survived deer and bunny all summer are now their favorite foods. Lynn, who lives at the top of Clay Durrett next to Libby, has her cousin visiting for a few weeks from Lisbon, Portugal. He moved there a few years ago and absolutely loves living in Europe. The four of us have been eating out Friday nights. Steve is a hoot with a great sense of humor so he and I really hit it off together. He's a combination of Tommy Vanzini and Lance Hayes from my male friends back in Jr High and High school. So enjoyable to laugh at life again. He'll return to Lisbon later this week. Today TWC predicted only an 18% chance of rain. About an hour ago while talking to my sister on the phone it started pouring and so far the weather station console reported "raini...
Comments