Sweet very young fawn with new markings
curled up safely down among the trees against my yoga deck. Mama Doe must have placed it there early this morning while she went out to eat or did her morning errands. When I returned from the Murphy Farmers Market around 9:30 I saw the little head pop up to see what was disturbing its rest. Decided not to open the garage door or drive the Kia down the noisy gravel driveway. So the Kia sits in the shade. The mountain is so quiet this morning with no workmen or construction trucks going up and down kicking up dust. Libby had a new roof put on last week. Another neighbor has a house up for sale so repairs are taking place and junk removal trucks are up and down every couple of days. Just calm so far today.I slept in this until 7 this morning. No sleep Thursday night. Started to fall asleep around 5 am but that's not a good time for me to fall asleep. I look back to see what could have caused the "caffeine high" feeling hoping to avoid it in the future. Was it too many deep dark chocolate squares too late in the afternoon, small glass of red wine around 7 pm, shouldn't have done it, except in the summer wine causes me to wake in a sweat in the the night, or that my head just would not let go of the constant chatter that was going on. I don't have any pain so it was that. Anyway, brought the AC down, crawled under my soft cover and fell fast asleep last night by 9:30. Sleeping until 7 left me groggy and very slow moving but I guess my body did what it needed. Had a light breakfast and headed to the Farmers Market at 8:30 to get the lettuce and Swiss chard before my favorite vendors were sold out. Also bought a half-dozen small crispy cukes and always eat one on the way home. Visited my favorite fresh brewed coffee vendor and talked for awhile to him. Saturday mornings for me is about connecting with happy pleasant people to start my day then I'm set. All day alone is too much and it's easy for me to get a little down by evening without any eye contact or conversation. Ricky T just stopped in his RAM truck at the top of my driveway to tell me about his five battling hummingbirds. He and Tammy sit on their porch watching the flight battles. I only see two to three so told him to send some my way.
She's awake and alert right now. It's been two hours since I spotted her. I dubbed it as female as it's calm and peaceful. Laundry is drying. Breakfast dishes waiting for me to finish washing and cleaning up the kitchen. I left everything earlier to go to the Market but I need to clean up as it's almost time to heat up the leftover spaghetti and meatballs from "girls night out"at Enrico's in Young Harris last night. This is the first weekend in many weeks there has been no flash flood warnings or severe storm alerts and finally a comfortable weekend to go out.
The temperature was 70 degrees at 7 am and is up to 84 now at noon, no breeze, heavy air and too uncomfortable to play in the gardens. Janice just texted that the "girls" are going Mexican for Margaritas at 5-ish. I'll go and make sure they behave.
This whole yard is "out-of-control" full of weeds. Some so long they have tree trucks. One of our handymen will be here next week to help get things under control again. The bunny and deer have loved all the available greens.
A few weeks ago I bought a Panda Drum.
Metal drum with soft mallets. I'm still getting used to the new sound and using mallets. Being right hand dominate I put more force into right hand sounds so working on my left hand pressure and mallet bounce. It's fun with a soothing Zen sound, very calming and easy. Different from my piano or dulcimer and forces my brain to learn a new way of making music. Trying to keep the aging brain sharp by introducing new ways to listen and play sounds.
Blogging this has been like have a conversation. Feels good and connected no matter who reads it. Not proofing it so good luck.......................
Comments