HAPPY OCTOBER FIRST tomorrow..............
To me October is a beautiful month full of orange shades and hues. Farmers Markets are full of orange pumpkins, acorn, banana, buttercup, butternut (a favorite of mine), honey nut, and Kabocha, patty pan and spaghetti squashes. So many to choose from when I walk through the open pavilions.
A few nights ago the temperature dropped to 43 degrees by 7 am only reaching 50 by afternoon. For me, a person who lives in sundresses and sandals or bare feet any day I can, That's a sudden drop shocking my feet. I had to wear socks and sneakers, jeans and a light jacket. This morning was more reasonable at 50 when I got up and a less humid 78 this afternoon so I'm back to my sundress and flip flops around home. This morning is the first time I walked the Konehete loop along the river in many months before going to the gym. That's an autumn bonus, to be outside walking without sweating. I've cleaned up and stacked dozens of empty flower pots to give back to the nursery where I purchase my spring plants. The shed has been cleaned too. My handyman removed everything that needed to be dumped and I gave him anything he could use for himself or his family. The next chore for him is to pressure wash my house porch and stain the floor now that cooler weather has arrived. I've really down-sized and simplified my living. So much easier to face the days without stacks of unnecessary clutter and still finding more to throw out or give to a thrift store. I do need some new dishes but haven't found what I want yet.
I bought a couple of neoprene wet suit tops for the cooler weather pool activities. My doctor is pleased I plan on continuing to do water aerobics and swimming through the fall/winter months. Excellent for joints and health. I did about ten days of classes subbing throughout September and have three lined up so far for October. For me it's an energizing way to start my day because I get to talk, laugh, and teach yoga, or Pilates, or Sculpt & Tone for that hour with happy men and women of all ages. It fulfills an empty space here at home where there is no conversation or exchange of thoughts and ideas. I didn't realize how much I needed this until it unfolded. And it leaves my afternoons open to do as I wish. With the colder months approaching I'll probably bake some afternoons, and find projects inside to do. There's always something that I put off during the nice outside months that I should tackle when I'm cooped in, like shred papers or go through boxes of saved junk.
at 6 am Friday the Harvest moon was so beautiful that I played with the settings on the iPhone to capture it peeking through the branches. It was more brilliant than this. Didn't transfer well. On the full moon nights when I wake to go to the bathroom I always pull back curtains and look for wandering creatures. It's a peaceful world in the glow of a full moon.
I wore this magnetic bracelet one evening on our ladies night out at Perrone's Italian Restaurant and found I was collecting a place setting of silverware. I returned everything so they still allow me to dine there.I tried to upload a short video of me working out at the gym buy it won't play so I deleted it.
Comments