I took an EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operator Course ) the weekend of 20,21 and 22 of November. It was a tough 3 days. All day Saturday was driving thru and backing up thru the course which was setup to NFPA standards. I had to finish the course in 3 different emergency vehicles. I drove 2 fire engine pumper/tankers and a heavy rescue truck which was a 5 speed transmission. The chief officially made me legal to drive the departments trucks on this past Monday night. I had driving training hours with him also, so after demonstrating my pump operation skills he is satisfied and confident that I can do the job. It is an awsome responsibility and not to be taken lightly. I was on the Deltona Fire Department some years ago for several years and I guess it gets in your blood. I have to re-certify all my skills because NC has different standards and it has been a long time since Deltona. I do CPR for the Medical responder in December and then in in February onto medical courses which will run into the spring. It will keep me busy. OK, I forgot to say it is me, Cliff that is the EVOC driver.

Comments

ralph said…
hey, how did you manage to gain access to the computer?! :)

great job with the evoc training. tremendously rewarding, isn't it? i miss it terribly. maybe someday i'll go back, too. enjoy!!!
Betsy said…
Yes, it does get in your blood. I felt good after finishing the course. I hope sometime soon you can get back into emergency services. I believe that you would make a wonderful paid paramedic, if that is the route you decide to take. Think about it for the future.

Cliff

Popular posts from this blog