Barb and Mike

Barb and Mike drove up from Florida for a few days of R & R. In the morning, Barb and I wrapped ourselves in blankets, sat out on the porch with our coffee and watched the sun rise.

A drive through Brasstown's rolling hills and soothing pastures.


I think I deleted Clay's Corner............


We also visited a winery and "Ye Old Goat Farm" but I didn't have the camera with me that day. The goat farm was a story all in itself. Barb and I hoped to get some goat cheese to go with our wine but no cheese, just stories and the histories of all 40 goats.


Produce stand in Hiawassee, GA and where we bought sorghum, local grown apples, honey, apple butter.

Mike and Cliff in a "husband-of-the-year" photo op in front of the fruit stand.


Saturday night Deb and Larry hosted a Halloween party at their Tiki Bar up the mountain road. The weather was dreary, rainy, and raw. Cliff and I went as Bikers wearing our heavy Harley Jackets for warmth. I thought Mike was in his PJ's but was quickly told that he and Barb were Jeff Gordon fans....24!


Relax Mike........you're too uptight!!!!
Sunday we stayed home and Barb made bread. I mentioned that 35 years ago I made bread and it turned out so bad, that the birds wouldn't eat it. So Barb made the bread..............


I think we dirtied every pot and pan in the kitchen.
This is an interesting situation....keep your eye on the bread...............





I think I bought yeast on steroids.
The bread starts taking over the kitchen........................

At the rate we were eating, we were starting to looking like this.




Smelled wonderful. Tasted delicious!

Barb


Three great days of talking, eating, talking, baking, talking, driving through the country roads, talking............................

Comments

ralph said…
ah ha! there's a photo of the bread drinking wine! that could be the problem... heeheehee!

that bread looks spectacular! i can smell it if i get real close to my monitor. :)

Popular posts from this blog