"Empty Bowls"



The John Campbell Folk School in Brasstown hosted "Empty Bowls" tonight in their dining room. For the past couple of months the local potters have been throwing and firing clay for this event. All the proceeds go to Cherokee and Clay County sharing centers to feed the needy. We bought tickets but Cliff forgot he was going to be at fire school all weekend so I had to eat his food, too. Each ticket holder got to pick out a piece of pottery to keep. The meal was wonderful. All the homemade beef barley soup, fresh salad, homemade wheat bread, and raisin oatmeal cookies you could eat. Eight unique pieces of pottery were donated by the local potters for the "brown bag" raffle. Some lady in line bought $100 worth of tickets for the raffle. I bought 2 tickets.........so couldn't believe what I heard when my raffle ticket number was called off! I checked it 3 times before jumping up and claiming my piece of pottery. I'd love to place it out on my porch to see if a bird would nest in it, but I'm afraid it'll get broken.

Comments

ralph said…
wow, great job! it's beautiful pottery. love the little bowls, too.

Popular posts from this blog