Found another way to save $$$$ or stretch it to eat out more often. I've tried a couple different recipes for dish washing detergent and this is the one that works for me. I already have most of these items on hand from making my laundry detergent so only had to purchase the citric acid.

DISHWASHER DETERGENT (dry)
1 cup washing soda
1 cup borax
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup citric acid

Mix ingredients together and store in Mason jars. Use about 1 TBS per load. Add vinegar to rinse dispenser. Make sure water is very hot.

Citric acid can be found in the canning section of your grocery store.

Surprisingly, this works and is easy and cheap. Glasses came out sparkling clean. We use well water so its not hard. Hard water areas may need to adjust ingredients.

I've been using the same laundry detergent I made back in the summer months. I'm on the last container so will make more this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog