Had 2.5 inches of badly needed rain since Monday. Weather was quite volatile to the west of us in TN and some areas in North GA. Tornadoes touched down and hurricane strength winds damaged homes and knocked out power. Thankfully, Murphy came through the storms with minimal damage.

One day last week when I was missing "ladies night out" with the girls in Florida, I called Barb and left a long message about how I needed to talk and laugh and get together at the Olive Garden with everyone. It's the one luxury I can't replace here. Friends are those you learn to trust and love slowly over a period of time. You grow together, share your ups and downs, refrain from judgment, brag about your children and grandchildren, and call on each other at anytime. So I used up the whole message pouring my heart out to Barb on how I wished I were there. Days went by and I wondered why she hadn't returned my call. Tonight Barb called to see if we had any damage from the storms. She never received the message last week. I wonder who I called and invited out to the Olive Garden!

Comments

Karen Swain said…
We went to the Olive Garden last night and you were one of our topics of conversation. We all miss you and there's always an empty place at the table and in our hearts.
Betsy said…
Thank you, Karen...funny how all of you have been on my mind. I'm happy to be retired and away from Deltona, but miss my friends.

Popular posts from this blog