Missing Albums




Sunday.......... After hours of searching and reading Picasa Photo Web, which I use sometimes with the blog, we located the albums.   Scroll down for pics of the face cradle covers.

Saturday.............We're still alive.  I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to sit and think about what to post.  The garden looks tired and some of the plants need to be relieved of their misery.  I did put in more fall seeds in smaller plots than the spring planting.  The sun is lower in the sky and the garden is receiving less sunlight.  So I'll see how fall planting goes.  The other day as I stood on the porch overlooking the garden to see where the sun spread its rays, I watched a bunny hop happily away, probably with a full stomach. 

All week I've been assembling face cradle covers for my massage therapist.  She needed new covers and instead of buying them online, she asked me to make her a dozen.  I had never made anything like these so this was quite a challenge.   The oddest thing  happened as I tried to upload photos of my week's work.  All of my photos on Easy Share are GONE!  Cliff can't find them.  It's a mystery.  He'll work on this computer later and see if he can locate the albums.  They may be out in the twilight zone floating around.

Recovered photos..............



 my favorite cover
Friday I brought my massage therapist her order and had my scheduled hourly massage.  I found Murphy Mountain Massage the first summer we spent here when Cliff had retired but I was still working.

Stress effects each of us in different ways.  When I allowed the stresses of teaching to get to me, my body reacted with arthritic flare-ups so painful that over-the-counter pain relievers didn't ever numb the pain.  I didn't want to go back on heavy pain Rx again so decided to try massage.  During the flare-ups in Florida, I had to have physical therapy twice a week which included muscle massages and heat.  When I went to Linda, she explained how the stresses were weakening my immune system and how I could take charge and get my health back without Rx. 

The peaceful garden at Murphy Massage up the mountain and into the woods.  
She worked with me during that summer and without any medication got me back to being stronger and pain free.  So when I retired the next year and we moved here, I set monthly appointments as part of my retirement routine.  Linda is an RN, uses reflexology, and has just recently attended workshops for ashiatsu massage.  Her massage room now has parallel bars attached to the ceiling so she can "walk" on backs and apply pressure to muscles and organs promoting health and well being.  Linda places the little pillows that I made for her under shoulders or hips for support.  As I reflect back over the months, these sessions have given me more than just restoring and maintaining health.  She has been my sounding board while adjusting to retirement and her sensitive yet upbeat attitude always contributes to emotional stability as well.  Her husband, Roy, has established quite a pottery business on the property and is also a massage therapist.

 Roy's workshop
He's invited me to his studio and to learn the trade.  I'm seriously thinking about joining him.
 Most days Roy has pottery outside drying.  Right now he's very busy getting ready for the October John Campbell Folk School Art Festival.
  Friendships take time and trust and Roy and Linda have been such positive influences in our retirement. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog