My Dream Farm

Many of the local roads we travel to town or to our transfer station to dump trash or out to the cow pastures to our country doctor are winding and scenic.  One of our favorite travel routes is Brasstown Road taking us to Friday night concerts in the open barn and the road which we often take just to enjoy the cows, the rambling hills and mountains and the peaceful treed canopies.  Farm houses with colorful day lilies and hot pink knockout roses, acres of corn fields and vegetable gardens sit back against the rolling landscape.  As we round one of the bends, a horse barn comes into view.

The first time my eyes gazed upon the weathered wood,  the way it set up on the hill overlooking other farms and a mountain view,  I thought to myself,  just dreaming, if that place ever goes up for sale, I'll buy it.  Farms and land in Brasstown are desirable properties and most are way out of our reach.  So recently when returning from a Friday night concert, I couldn't believe my eyes when I noticed a realtor's sign at the edge of the gravel driveway.  When I got home and went to the site, my heart jumped.  Four acres of usable land, the house was tucked up in the trees.  It has a back and front porch, a walkout finished basement with pantries and a full bathroom.  The barn is wonderful.  I envisioned my art studio/sewing/craft get-a-way on the upper floor of the barn.  The view from the upper level is to die for.
long-range mountain view standing at the top of those stairs is breath-taking

house tucked up in the trees

 upper level ready for my art studio

finished basement with a radio room for Cliff
This property is unrestricted so Cliff could have his radio tower. 
front porch view
The gravel driveway leading up to the house would be under our control and maintenance.  No more HOA hassles.

Life certainly does tease us at times.  I guess there are lessons we're suppose to learn in all roadblocks and disappointments.  This is a tough one for me.  Our realtor was kind enough to set time aside and show us the property, even though he knew we couldn't purchase it at this time. As we walked around the outside of the house, a deer weaved its way passed us and off into the tree thicket.  The owner has been transferred to TN and this place won't be on the market in the spring.  It's priced to sell and because he won't sell on contingency of the buyer's house sale, this leaves us out.  If anyone wants to purchase this peaceful lovely farmhouse and rent it out until I can buy it from you, I'll take care of it for you for about a year.  All this for only $149,900.....................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog