Just some early morning sunrise photos.  I'm not sure the blog will do the color justice.  The colors were breath-taking.  This is what I saw when I stepped out at 7:15 returning the bird feeder to the front trees.  I try to get the feeder back out before the titmice tap at my kitchen window for their breakfast.




The pastel panorama lasted only about 10 minutes.


Monday evening Pat and I sat in the front row for the Brose Family Christmas sing at the folk school.  David Brose is the resident folklorist who entertained us with his light humor and history of the songs his wife (a former opera singer) sang.  David was State Folklorist at Colorado Council of the Arts until he came to the folk school in 1991, has produced videos and radio documentaries including some for NPR.  Wednesday night I was so looking forward to The Christmas Carol reading by Bob Grove who dresses in period costume and does the dramatic reading with character voices.  Then following that was the Rapper Sword Dancers, which I had never seen performed.  Rapper Sword dancing is a fast-paced dance with short flexible swords because it was originally performed in the tight spaces of  pubs in northwest England.  On Wednesday the cold rainy front came through dropping temperatures and making driving conditions icy on some roads.  So we had to pass up that evening of entertainment.  Last night was clear and dry so Pat and I went to hear the Smokie Mountain Melodies Concert, again at the folk school. 
A chapter of the Sweet Adelines International, they sing a capella music in a four-part harmony, barber-shop style. The audience could tell by the body movements and facial expressions how much the women enjoyed performing together. Once again we sat in the front row and sang along.............actually just lip synced.
This is the enormous wreath that took all evening to staple-gun onto the wooden form.

My wreath was still hanging.  Nobody threw it out!

Tonight is the Brasstown Ringers Holiday Concert but I'm not going.  I do enjoy bell ringer music but know I couldn't subject my ears to an hour of ding dongs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog