Just have to share this photo of our female hummingbird.
When I walked into the kitchen this evening, I noticed she was just sitting on the edge of the geranium window box.  If you look carefully to the left, you can see a white plastic flower which is attached to her tiny feeder.  She and her mate have been active all day drinking and doing acrobatics in the air.  This afternoon I heard the male thump one of the windows and hit the porch floor.  I said a little prayer that he would recover.  Cliff took over the watch for me and witnessed another hummingbird swoop down, whisper something, and the two birds flew off together.  They truly are the most amazingly resilient creatures.

My previous post shows this window box and feeder.   Also, I had to revise this page because this bird is the female..........doesn't have the bright red collar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog