Yesterday felt like it was Saturday all day.......so much that I entered 10/13 in my checkbook ledger with each purchase.  I must have really needed my work week to be over..................oh, wait, I don't work!!!!

Weather is still delightful with daytime highs around 72 degrees and lows in the low 50's.  I saw our plump hummingbird yesterday morning but haven't heard or seen her today.  She may have finally migrated south. "May the wind be always on your back and the sunshine warm upon your face, until we meet again" little HBs........in early April.  We'll be ready and waiting with clean feeders and fresh brewed nectar.

 Made a white bean and kale soup a few days ago with fresh picked kale from the garden.  It's a bonus to still be picking kale from the original plants that I started from seed in early spring.  I've been freezing our red and green peppers as they ripen.  The winter squash planted this summer have produced only two beautiful squash that are still maturing on the vine.  We bought a dual action Cub Cadet tiller, which I thought I would be able to use in the garden, until I saw it bounce Cliff around removing his arms from his shoulder sockets and rearranging his organs.  Of course, living on the side of a mountain doesn't help.  If he can handle the Cub Cadet, I can probably enter him in the Bull Riding competitions.

Today was Murphy's Heritage Walk and Chili Cook-Off.


 authentic railroad hand pump car
 
The Saturday farmers market will be coming to an end soon, usually wrapping things up around the last weekend of October.  Western NC is flourishing with tourists viewing the fall colors and bikers enjoying the crisp mornings and temperate days. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog