Another birthday celebration

In July of 1966, I had a "bun in the oven", as it was whispered in those days.  I was only 18 when Mark and I married in May of 1965 and the Italians in our little neighborhood kept an eye on my abdomen for me.  They watched and they waited.....................patiently.  When I became pregnant and  received advice from my co-workers at Digital Equipment Corp and the superstitious Italians, I was positive our first baby would be born cross-eyed or with two heads.  Of course this event was pre-internet so I resorted to Parent's Magazine and Woman's Day articles for reliable prenatal information and what to expect in the coming months.  On the morning of July 3, I had abdominal cramps and blamed the disconfort on the pizza we ate the night before.  After 30 hours of pizza cramps, Michael Mark was born at the Marlborough Hospital weighing in at 8 lbs. 7 oz.

With treasured memories of this first birth, I wish Michael a very Happy Birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog