I sat down at the computer earlier this week to post but never finished, got involved in other projects as I usually do, so will post what I started and add some.

Earlier this week...............
I believe many of my garden crops have given up the ghost.  Yesterday we had a few minutes of sun, here and there, for the first time in over a week.  Our average July rainfall is 1.13 inches.  To date, we have received 7.02 inches.  We're approximately 16 inches ahead of schedule for the year.  It's so uplifting to see the sun today.
My poor tomatoes!

Since that writing, we've had more rain.  I think everybody's bones and joints ache from lack of sun. Today, July 12, we see blue sky with a few fair weather clouds and warm wonderful sunshine.  In the next couple of days, we'll start digging up the potatoes to see what's happening underground.  The plants are brown and pitiful looking.  We have more slugs this year and snails large enough to serve a family of four.  My beautiful cabbage and curly kale look like delicate lace.  Tomorrow I'll be buying the farmer's kale and will have to purchase tomatoes and cucumbers, too.  Larry and Pat are sharing their summer squash and zucchini with us as their garden is doing much better than ours this year.  The positive thing about the excessive rain is how lush and green the forests are.  
Wild flowers bloom throughout the woods.  Don't know what this is, but it's beautiful.  

Cliff installed a small window air-conditioner in his radio room to keep his radios dry.  I don't need one, even on the most humid days because I don't have anything that will be destroyed by humidity.  I can throw open my windows and put the ceiling fan on and I'm comfortable.  We really enjoy being in our little rooms. 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog