Cliff brought up the blog and reminded me that I haven't posted in weeks.  Since we've added our rooms in the garage, we spend less time in the house so I spend less time on the computer. Can't remember what I've posted and too lazy to reread so if my post is repetitious, pretend I'm old and repeating myself.. 

After a very rainy season and a ruined spring/summer crop, I wasn't even going to think about fall planting.  Last week I dug up the rest of the beets and carrots and turned over the soil.  Yesterday I put seeds in for five fall broccoli where the beets and carrots were.  Can't help myself.  Most of the potatoes have been dug up.  Five plants are still green so will give those plants a few more days before digging the last potatoes. 

Sunday on the way to Chattanooga, we stopped at  the Ocoee Gorge to watch the white-water rafting.  We arrived just in time to watch the river rise.  Alarms sounded and a verbal warning announced that the river  was about to rise rapidly.  




We stood on the suspension bridge where we could watch the water rush over the boulders.



From the same spot only minutes later.

Just minutes later, the rafts appear.




We watched the rafts from the other side of the bridge for a short time then headed for the Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga. 

 and just another nature shot.
 Pileated woodpecker seen from my sewing room window.  Such an awesome bird.




Comments

ralph said…
wow! dramatic photos! what causes the river to rise so rapidly??
Betsy said…
In the spring, summer, and fall, the TVA lets water out of the dams on Saturday mornings at 10:30 and lets it run until Sunday afternoon at 3. We've always wanted to be there to hear the announcement and the alarm.

Popular posts from this blog