September 18



Sept. 9, 1996
cloudy 60 degrees   7:20 AM

 Dear Betsy, 
I've been awake since quarter of five. I feel good today.  Probably because weather is cool. Been out in the yard and pulled a few weeds.  Weeds are everywhere.  All my flowers are passing the good stage.  Many look bedraggled.  Summer is over and the flowers know it.  Retta came yesterday and picked all the ripe tomatoes.  Trying to sweep down the back porch.  Lots of cobwebs and leaves in corners.  Am late making the aprons for our Church Mouse Fair on October 19.  Made one last week and will cut out two more today and tomorrow..........................

Love, Mom and Dad

Every so often I go through my box of saved letters and spend time with my mother.  In many of the envelopes, I find little treasures, priceless gifts that I had forgotten about.  Today's find was two squares of cotton material from a quilt she was planning and a her recipe for "Crispy Cookies."  Her energy is forever with me.  Today I celebrate my mother's memories and her energetic spirit.  She would have been 94 years young.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM



Comments

Karen Swain said…
Your mom and my mom were the same age. My mom would have been 94 on October 7th. I find myself wishing so many times that she was still around to answer a question or clarify a point. Especially this summer being back on the farm. We will never stop missing them.
Betsy said…
thank you, Karen, for sharing mother memories.
ralph said…
a very happy birthday, grammy. :)

Popular posts from this blog