September days are still warm but not oppressive.  We're running the A/C because it's a bit humid and uncomfortable to sleep without it and we do enjoy our comfort.  Some of the early spring blooming trees like the sourwood and the dogwood have begun their slow leaf color change.  Wild black-eyed susans and some other gorgeous purple-flowered weeds line the roadsides and spread throughout the fields attracting butterflies and hummingbirds.

 I've neglected the garden for over a week so yesterday when I went to the compost pile to empty peelings, I walked around checking the poor exhausted cucumber vines, spoke to the resident box turtle, and noticed I actually had enough beans to pick and the Greek basil was thriving.
 Cliff has been staining the porch rails, a slow and tedious job.  Yesterday he pressure washed the whole front of the house and this afternoon he began that staining.

My latest sewing project was a prairie dress with apron for Sofia who now wants to dress in long pioneer clothing.


It's so productive to sew or paint or do crafts in my studio, walk away, and return to work on things at a later time.
My next project is getting the firepit leveled and ready for the cool nights.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog