After returning from any trip comes the dreaded unpacking of folded or rolled clothing, lugging armsful of pillows, winter jackets, boots and sneakers, and the snack bags.  We also had a cloth bag full of library books-on-cd and Christmas music to take some of the boredom out of the long drive.  The stories we really enjoyed were Robert Parker's Jessie Stone mysteries.  Of course, I envisioned Tom Selleck for hours while listening to High Profile and Stranger in Paradise.  Since we weren't sure how many days we needed to spend visiting Cliff's mother, we filled two weeks worth of vitamins, supplements, and Rxs in the pharmacy snap cases labeled Sunday to Saturday AM/PM.  Those containers were also put in a soft bag (along with peppermint patties, Cape Cod potato chips, and a can of low sodium almonds to cancel out the sodium in the chips) and strategically placed in the back of the Kia where I could grab them when needed.  We did pretty good staying on our regimen.  When we arrived home late Sunday afternoon, that bag was emptied and containers placed on the kitchen island so we could each straighten out our own medicine boxes.  The next morning while having my coffee and neatening up the island, I noticed a pair of little knit gloves.
Hayden wanted to come home with us but I knew she hadn't stowed away in the car because I spoke to her when we arrived home and called Lauria to let her know we had arrived safely.  And we didn't see Olivia seat-belted in the third seat during the trip.  Can't figure out how the gloves found their way to the kitchen.  When I emailed Lauria, I asked her to count the children.  She told me the house semed unusually quiet and I should keep the kid and return the gloves.

Have to add more shots of Olivia dancing.  She is a constant ball of energy, dancing or putting herself into yoga postures.
We, adults, would benefit from seeing the world through Olivia's eyes.............................


Comments

Popular posts from this blog