Cliff's mother was released from rehab three days before we arrived in MA and was overjoyed to greet us in her own living room.  None of us really believed she would be well enough to go home.  She worked  diligently with OT and PT wile she was in rehab.  Since she's come home, she'll have a visiting nurse, OT and PT a few times a week for a short time to acclimate her to her new routine at home.  Cliff spent Thanksgiving with his mother and sister-in-law and I enjoyed Thanksgiving with my family.  A couple days before Thanksgiving, I went with Vic and Retta went to Gerardo's Italian Bakery in Westboro for cannolis, Italian cookies, carrot cake, and cheese cake.  You can put on 10 pounds just walking through the doors in that bakery.


Just two of the many cases filled with luscious pastries.

  My oldest son, Michael, and grandson, Mike Jr. came down from NH and  I got to meet my new great-nephews, ages 1 and 2 years old, for the first  time.
Grampy Vic and my niece, Tracy, playing with Colby and Thomas.  Two-year old Colby can't say grampy yet so Vic has been dubbed icky, close enough.  I love how grandchildren give us endearing names.
Tracy doing her turkey dance.

Jonathan with Thomas.  Colby calls his Uncle Jonathan a big guy.  You can see why!
When we sat down for Thanksgiving dinner, I think there were 16 of us at the table counting the two little boys.  I haven't been with my Massachusetts family in about 4 years and haven't shared a Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner with them in about 7 or 8 years.  I didn't realize how much I needed this.  On Friday Cliff and I visited with my brother and sister-in-law and connected up with two very dear friends, Shawn and Louise, for a mid-afternoon lunch before heading south for our first leg of the journey home.  I drove away feeling energized and renewed.

Earlier today in downtown Murphy, the temperature reached 70 degrees with off and on showers and the sun making an appearance between the rain. We have the doors open because it is warmer outside than in the house.  The Christmas decorating has begun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog