It was a crisp set-up at the farmers market yesterday.  I wore sandals and capris as I was expecting a quick warm-up as the sun hit our tent.  My toes and ankles were cold until about 11.  I kept standing in the sun to thaw out.  Karen and Bob from Deltona are RVing at the KOA  and stopped at the market to visit and buy some Swiss chard.  Once the sun burned off the mountain fog and the air warmed up we had a good crowd of visitors walk around the market.  Next Saturday we'll  set up with the Ramp and BBQ Festival so we should see an even better flow of people.  It's not about the money anyway. It's a connection with the farm community, other vendors and an entertaining way to spend some Saturday mornings. The market gives me a place to get rid the things I love to create.  Later in the afternoon, we grilled zucchini, summer squash, and kielbasa.  Karen and I threw together a salad with fresh garden merlot lettuce and other greens and a variety of chopped vegetables that Karen brought.  After wiping tree pollen from the table and chairs, we sat back and enjoyed good food and conversation on the back porch while the hummingbirds competed for nectar. We now have one male and one female.  She chatters incessantly as she flies to the feeder, while she's perching and drinking, and as she zips away.  She's a feisty little lady.

Harvested our first cutting of Komatsuma Oriental greens.
I'll stir fry them with onions, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and finish with a drizzle of sesame oil.  Supposedly, the plants will supply me with two more cuttings. Komatsuma contains more iron than spinach, is high in vitamin A and C, and is an excellent source of calcium. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog