For days Cliff has been trying to troubleshoot my blog site.  We couldn't get pictures to upload to the blog page.  He even started a totally new blog with a new title which gave him some clues on why pictures might not be uploading.  Today he tackled it at a new angle and as of now, pictures will upload to the blog page.  I've got my fingers crossed that the issue is resolved.

Last Thursday I cut potatoes and set them to dry. Saturday was my potato day!  After breakfast I headed to the garden with my tray of Yukon Gold and Blue potatoes, a hoe, some stakes, and my string. 
Of course, I wasn't going to plant as many as previous years until I got excited with how many I had and planted all forty-something of them.  When I filled the planned area, Cliff helped me quickly dig another ten-foot patch to put the rest in.
I trenched a good six-inch furrow under the strings, and after setting the potato pieces, covered them with about three inches of earth.  Now I have to wait three to four weeks for the greens to pop through the soil.  Before we use the Mantis, we have to loosen the soil with the garden fork in search of mountain boulders.
We pulled three boulders measuring fifteen inches long and five inches high from the new potato patch before cultivating with the Mantis.  They make great rock walls.
Years ago I got carried away when planting rhubarb so I dug up two and gave them to Barb for her garden.
There are thirty garlic that should be ready in June.  You can never have enough garlic.
Early sweet peas came up right after our last snowfall.  The Japanese greens, Swiss chard, lettuce, Shogoin turnips, and radishes are just beginning to break through the rocky soil.  Beets and carrots may be up in a few days.  This morning after Zumba class, I transplanted the basil that's been under the grow-light in the dining room, into a window box on the porch.  I'll still have to keep watch on night temperatures and protect them from the cold.

The hummingbird feeders are cleaned, assembled, and sitting patiently in their plastic box under the grow-light table.  One hummingbird was reported in Ellijay, GA yesterday.  I'm expecting Barb and Mike will see their first any day now.  My first batch of nectar is ready in the refrigerator.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog