I started messing around with my blog, confused myself, so now I'll have to spend some time finding out what I did.

The respiratory virus that's been going around is one of the nastiest colds I've ever had.  The last time I actually laid around, slept, and did nothing for six days was when I picked up the flu bug while visiting my parents at Thanksgiving about twenty years ago.  Ever since that episode, I faithfully get my flu shot late August or early September.  I've added pneumonia and the shingles shots to my updates.  Eating two cloves of raw garlic a day also helps ward of evil spirits.  Cliff knew I was desperate when I asked him to drive me to the doctor.  The nurse and doctor knew I was at my wits end when I showed up begging for relief.  Today was the first day I felt human again, like the me I know and love.  While Cliff was torturing his body at yoga this morning, I opened windows and let the 40 degree fresh air in, vacuumed and sanitized counters and phones, sprayed Lysol disinfectant in all the rooms.  Did a load of laundry and just finished hanging out the towels, jeans, and a few items in the fresh air when with a cracking sound the end post fell on my head and shoulders.
Luckily the ground was dry and I just shook the debris off the clothes.  We made this with treated wood about six years ago but it rotted at the concrete base.
Since coming down with the cold, I've been hungry all the time and craving salty food.  After my trip to the doctor the other day then to Walgreens for the Rx and cough medicine, I needed french fries..........a super-size order.  Cliff was in heaven!  I was asking him to take me to McDonald's!  Those fries hit the spot.
After cleaning house this morning, I felt like my homemade hummus recipe and made a nice Mediterranean chicken salad on lettuce.  Nice to be on the mend and feel like me.  Cliff was so helpful throughout this.  He'd make hot oatmeal for breakfast, not microwave, but the real deal in a pan on the stove and one night he made cream of tuna.  For a few nights he'd get out of bed and stand at the little bedroom where I was sleeping and listened to see if I was still alive.  Actually, I went to the doctor Wednesday because Tuesday night when I got up to go the bathroom, the room started spinning so I crawled to the bathroom, my head tilted to one side to stop the spinning.  Now that's a visual!  Cliff took my BP and sat with me, assuring me I wasn't having a stroke.  Thank goodness because my hair was a mess and I was wearing my father's old flannel night shirt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog