"Every beat of your heart is the rhythm of your soul."  Yogi tea bag

Sunday night did not bring a peaceful or relaxed sleep.  Earlier last week, Anita, our yoga instructor, asked me to sub for her on Monday. Without hesitation I agreed, then thought about what I had just agreed to do.  As a participant, yoga is meditative and healing.  As an instructor, it's a continuous guidance session with demonstration and voice. I needed a theme or focus for the 75-minute class so spent a few hours Saturday and again Sunday researching, watching YouTube yoga, making notes, and practicing on my mat. Basically, the same people show for the three classes each week and we're all very comfortable with each other.  So it was not a class of strangers.  But...... it's different being in front of your peers than being on your mat following someone else.  I decided my focus would be Inner Wisdom and listed more than enough asanas to fill the 75 minutes.  Cliff placed his mat in his usual spot, participated in the class and said I did very well, even though I was obviously nervous.    Boy, was I glad that was over.   I can't say I'll never do it again because I will probably sub when Anita takes time off to spent with her new grand-baby later this spring.

Speaking of spring........Cliff shoveled an inch of spring snow off the porch yesterday.  I had thought about storing the snow shovel in the shed the other day when I began removing firewood from the porch but changed my mind.  We've been cold and very windy.  Yesterday reached 34 degrees with wind gusts of 17-18 mph.  Even with the snow and cold, the radishes and beets are popping their little sprouts through the soil. 
Sage and spinach on the kitchen sill. Hopefully, by the first of April, these housebound plants can be put in the garden and spread their roots. 

I made up the first batch of hummingbird nectar today and bought another feeder yesterday from Tractor Supply.  I love going into that place.  I talk to the little peeping chicks, browse at the cowgirl hats and boots, check out seeds and mulches, and all those good farm items.  The hummingbirds are working their way northward.  This morning a citizen observer posted a sighting in Gainseville, GA about 1.5 hours (driving) from us.  I probably won't see any for 10 days or so but will put a feeder at the kitchen window hanger when we head to Florida for a few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog