Last Thursday we headed to the Florida panhandle and spent two days with Bill, Boni, and Emma, Boni's 98 year old mother.  Emma has slowed down a little!  Actually, I think she was doing better some days than Boni and I were.  Weather this time of year is still pleasant, not too humid.   We walked in the mornings before the sun got too hot, visited St. George Island, and ate delicious fresh-caught shrimp in the evening.  Also, caught up with Ginger and Larry, more retired teachers from Florida, one evening.  Cliff and I haven't seen them in years so we really enjoyed our visit.   On the way down Cliff and I saw the remnants of hurricane Erma and Michael , blue tarps and downed trees.  We understand the despair.  Boni is still doing her artwork, selling in art shows.  Emma tags along with her to the shows. 


 Some of Boni's cut-glass flowers that she sells in art shows.

 Bill is always building something.  If they lived near us, I could keep him busy!                                              
Saturday Boni, Emma ,and I went "girl" shopping in Tallahassee while Bill and Cliff did "man" shopping in Tallahassee.  We did DSW, Bealls, World Market, Panera Bread and a few other stores.  The men did Harbor Freight and whatever men do. 

Today Cliff tilled part of the garden and cut down small trees along the north side of the house.  I swept out my "she" shed, trimmed dead branches and pruned the butterfly bushes.  Placed all the house plants outside on the porch.  Most likely, last night was the last really cold night.  We'll continue watching but most plants will stay outside now.  Temperature reached 70 today and will drop to 40ish overnight.  Adapt or perish!  Still no hummingbirds sightings here.  One feeder on the back porch where Cliff can see it and one feeder at the kitchen window where I spend lots of time. I have lots of seedlings in little pots and will be starting tomatoes and peppers soon.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog