Our first ruby-throated hummingbird arrived yesterday at 5:35 pm.  We were moving around in the kitchen putting  place mats and soup bowls on the island for supper when I saw a small dark streak shoot across the window from the feeder.  A little later I saw him cautiously perch on the opposite side so he wouldn't be noticed.  Believe it or not, these little creatures have personalities.  This one is new to our area.  He's small and darts away when a bird flies over.  We get to know their little quirks.  Barb and I compare HB stories.  She and Mike name theirs according to their behaviors and sometimes their variant colors.  Anyway, I filled the rest of the feeders and they are hung in the same places as previous years. 

Cliff has been purchasing a few needed tools and saws to make his woodworking projects successful.
In two days he made my garden storage shelves for the porch.  I stained it the same as the house.  I love it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog