I am still alive!  The only pain I've had is when I've felt so energetic that I overused my hands and wrists.  Lavender Epsom soaks, rest and within 24-48 hours I'm back to being my adorable self.  The weather has been up and down with cold and dry breezes, then warm moist air and today is in the 40's, no sun.  All the Florida families with children who have rented cabins here in the mountains for the Christmas vacation in hopes to see snow will be extremely disappointed when Christmas day the temperature hits 68.

At 7:45 this morning we were sitting at the counter in Waffle King ordering Cliff's favorite waffle, eggs and bacon for breakfast.  We call the diner Rick's Diner.  We were out early because we needed to go to Wally World to exchange two items and pick up a new furnace filter and a few other things.  I thought for sure at that time of the morning I'd be the only one at Customer Service.  Wrong.  People had been coming in since seven o'clock with returns.  We counted ten carts overloaded with returns.  The most amazing items are the food returns.  The woman in front of me brought back a white kitchen trash bag full of returns.  What are these people thinking?

Today is the winter solstice.  That's good for me because in January each day gains between 90 seconds and two minutes of daylight.  In February, about 2 1/2 minutes are added each day.  Something to celebrate.  Cliff built me a wider window sill in the kitchen so I could start a few herbs through the winter.  Today I planted basil, thyme, oregano, and parsley.  It'll be interesting to see how well they sprout.

Michael made 15 pounds of fudge the other day and had the nerve to text a picture but not send any to us.  He is so much like me and his grandmother.  He enjoys gardening, appreciates the calm woods and nature, and dabbles in cooking.  Each of the children are special in their own ways. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog