Our Christmas started before Thanksgiving with decorations and present opening when Jen and Mark celebrated Thanksgiving/Christmas with us.  Actually, I enjoyed the extended holy season of playing Pandora's calming Christmas music in the kitchen while cooking.  In the evening Cliff played Mannhiem  Steamroller, Il Divo Holiday, and Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas music on the TV.  This has been a wonderful December weather-wise.  We've been able to walk Konehete Park with only a long-sleeve shirt and on most other days wear a light jacket when going into town.  I've had so much less pain and less reaction to the weather fronts so I've been easier to live with and not as fatigued.

Christmas day was spent with Barb and Mike.  As usual we forgot to get pictures.  Once Barb and I get together and start talking, game over.  Barb is a wonderful cook and loves being in the kitchen too.  She prepared a feast, plus fudge and the best apple pie I've ever tasted.  We waddled after the eating.

Today we started taking down Christmas decorations. We're done with Christmas and ready to get back to a routine.  It's been fun and delicious but I need to think spring.  Decorations have been bagged and boxed to be stored before the rains move in this week.  January and February will be challenging.  We head to Florida for a week in the Melbourne area near Mark and Jen at the end of the month to break up our winter.  Cliff's joints bother him with some of the weather changes so hopefully this trip will help him.

I just asked Cliff what he wanted to do for New Year's Eve and he said,  "Go to bed and go to sleep like I always do."  I'll drink to that............................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog