Blairsville, GA had their annual outdoor Christmas Farmers Market Saturday.  Luckily, the weather was phenomenal, sunny and 60 degrees. Cliff bought his favorite big bag of freshly popped kettle corn, a blueberry white-chocolate scone and a chocolate chip cookie.  I bought goat milk and rosemary with fig goat cheese.
I found Santa and told him what I wanted for Christmas................

Had another routine liver panel done at the doctor's yesterday.  He feels the methotrexate injections are working because with the last couple of cold fronts and night temperatures in the high teens/ low twenties, my joints haven't been painful or inflamed.  Blood work came back normal.  After the  Christmas holiday and our January trip to Florida, he will slowly wean me off the old meds that I've been on for five years and see how the joints behave.   This was the most uplifting news I've had for some time and now I can hardly wait until the end of January.

This afternoon I started making gingerbread dough for gingerbread men.  Now that all the leaves are off the oak tree that shades the kitchen windows during the summer, blinding sunshine floods the kitchen/dining area for hours during the day.  I think the new Rx  causes photo sensitivity because I don't remember the sun bothering me this much during other winters.
Making us pineapple, banana, cantaloupe shake.  It doesn't look that sunny in the photo but as the sun reflects off the white appliances it feels too bright for me.
The glare is strong for hours so I walk around the kitchen looking like Ray Charles with an apron on.
It's still better than gloomy rainy days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog