Today is the first day the weather has a true winter feeling.  Mid-afternoon our high was 40 degrees with a heavy overcast sky.  Some snow is possible for higher elevations.  I doubt we'll see anything more than flurries or a passing snow shower.  I made a hearty winter soup full of vegetables, mushrooms, sweet potatoes in Fire and Kettle Beef Bone broth.  The Fire and Kettle bone broths are rich and hearty.  Great for winter soups. 

 My floor needs vacuuming and a stack of papers  need to be shredded but I had no interest in either today.  A better idea was to settle in my recliner with a hot cup of  cocoa and go through iPhone photos eliminating duplicates and unnecessary pictures.  This one brought a smile to me face.


June 27, 2016 in Myrtle Beach with Lauria, Jim and grandchildren.  I went down a water slide with Grant.  It was so much fun to play! and forget that I was an adult. 

Cliff and me with Kathy and Mark.  Time certainly flies.  Mark turns 80 on February 7 this year.

More pics that make me smile......

Eating at our favorite place outside of Charleston, SC.

Looking forward to my spring garden.........................

I'm still confused re:posting photos.....................

Mark tried to figure this out when he was here at Christmas but it's still a quagmire.  Posting these few was still more enjoyable than vacuuming today.  

It looks like Friday my new French door will be installed in the large bedroom.  Can hardly wait  Once the temperature is around 50 degrees the door can be painted and I'll upgrade the living room door.  

I bought two new jigsaw puzzles to start me into the "stay-in-the-house" weather days.  One is 750 pieces of a whimsical farm scene and the other is 1000 , a Charles Wysocki western cantina scene. It'll take me awhile to do the 750.  These puzzles will challenge my brain as I haven't done one since Cliff was able to help me. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog