What a difference a day makes.  It was 23 at 8 a.m.  With a cloudless sky and full beaming sun it's a beautiful day.  Yesterday the house felt cold all day even with the heat running constantly.  At 1 p.m. it's 50 degrees and with the coming in the windows no heat is needed.  I ran into town this morning for mustard greens then stopped at Tractor Supply for birdseed.  When I pulled in the driveway suddenly a feeling swept over me that I should check the propane tank gauge.  We're on an auto-delivery but this was a strong feeling.  I think it was Cliff telling me to check it right then.  He checked more often if the generator ran or if were in an extremely cold spell for days or weeks.  Boy, was I surprised to see the needle in the red on empty!  When I called Freeman they dispatched a driver and within an hour the truck arrived.  The driver told me the day my generator ran for hours burned lots of fuel. That was the time the 200amp switch somehow caused the generator to kick in.  I also believe a driver overlooked an auto-delivery. Now I'll pay more attention......maybe use a sticky note reminder!! hahaha  And I'm supposed to check the outside dryer vent more often.  The furnace filter was due to be changed the end of December and I remembered on January 3.  Not too bad.  Now that's done and marked on the new calendar to change at the end of March. Mark installed all new fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors while he was here at Christmas.  I despise changing smoke alarms.  I always set something off so the screeching noise irritates me.  

I just finished turning 750 jigsaw pieces over and began the border.  Going to see if I can download it to this blog with my iPad instead of iPhone.  I have Cliff's favorite Ernesto Cortezar  piano music playing on Pandora through my Bose portable speaker.  Cliff was a closet romantic. He and I loved being home here on the quiet mountain. I'm quite content here now enjoying this peace.  

can't upload any files so I'm done ...............

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog