Barb and I talked this morning at 7 AM. This is preplan week for teachers in Volusia County and here in Murphy and I'm surprised by my feeling of missing preplan. I didn't expect to feel this. This is the time when we got back together and caught up on gossip, family activities, then got into the hustle/bustle of getting ready to tackle the new students coming in. I'd like to be in the welcome back breakfast and gossip excitement, but no work! Most children are ready to come back to school because they will be with their friends again and there is a daily routine. I do miss all of that....but I don't miss the fast pace, the stresses and directives from the state/county that take the creativity from teaching, constant workshops, papertrail, computers and technology that fail when we have deadlines to meet......
This week children are getting the last of their supplies, looking over their new school clothes, getting hair cuts, and feeling a little anxious about meeting their new teacher Friday. I do miss the children, the teaching, the baffled look on some faces and the light bulbs going on for others. So I'll be visiting our little public schools here in Murphy this week to introduce myself to our teachers and offer to volunteer. Maybe the little ones this time....maybe the first graders.......Since being with Grant, Sofia, and Hayden, I think I'll go back and help the little people master the basics. Life throws us such surprises!

Comments

ralph said…
oh, i read that last sentence as, "Life throws UP such surprises!" as in vomits. i almost fell out of my chair! then i read it, again and realized i don't have my glasses on. :(

i think now that you are not constrained by the yoke of employment by the county, you will really enjoy being around the little boogerheads, again. and any time you guys want to come back, i've got TONS of them...
Betsy said…
OMG!!! i quickly went back to see if i did write "throw up." that would have been so expressive.

Popular posts from this blog