This place is "flea market" heaven! We went to the Tuesday flea market this morning and instead of paying $2 to park, decided to leave the car at the Chamber of Commerce Center and walk. Ever notice how close something seems when you drive.........good thing I didn't buy an antique oak hutch! I did find a neat barnwood bookcase, but couldn't locate the dealer to make an offer. So all I bought was some fresh "peaches & cream" corn and sweet potatoes for tonight's meal. On Saturdays, the local merchants set up in downtown Murphy in the common and sell their wares, pottery, fresh veggies, homemade jams, range free eggs, etc. Last week I bought a dozen ears of corn from a very disheveled man with his front teeth missing. I felt badly for him with his beaten up old truck and figured he needed the $$$$.............and it was the first time i let someone pack corn for me. I always pull open a husk to check for worms. Needless to say, the deer had corn on the cob that night. Well, guess who I spotted selling corn today at the Tuesday flea market! I thought about approaching him about the wormy corn, but decided to write it off as a donation. He probably did need that $4 more than I did.

Also on Saturday and Sunday, there is another HUGE flea market about 3 miles from our mountain road. It covers both sides of the road and would take both days to see everything. During the good weather as you drive along, you'll see people just stop and set up and sell anything they can. Some set up on tables, some just lay their goods out on the ground. And hoards of people parking to see what junk they can buy and bring back to their homes. A person could spend days just browsing someone elses stuff. We don't have a lot stuff up here....we got rid of it when we moved. So now I can start all over again.....getting stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog