At about 8 o'clock, I sat down ready to post but, as usual, I got up and did another task that came to mind.  This is probably why I don't complete some chores or forget what I was going to do.  Instead of following through on one task, I jump up and do something else that pops into my mind at that time.  I could have as many as 5 or 6 things going on at once.  So instead of posting I went out on the porch and added more sunflower, nuts and berries seed to the feeders and came in commenting to Cliff that it had been weeks and weeks since we had seen any deer.  At one of the Christmas gatherings we attended, someone told us that a disease had been taking a toll on deer in western NC.  So we figured that could be why we weren't seeing our deer rooting under leaves for little sprouts and seeds lately.  After filling the bird feeders, I stood  inside at the french doors watching the cardinals return for their sunflower seeds when I noticed our two fawns down in the garden grazing on the last of the broccoli and whatever greens I didn't harvest.  I went from window to window watching for about a half hour as the deer wandered around the yard always being alert to sounds and smells. 


There is such  peace and calmness when you watch the forest animals.  A beautiful way to begin the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog