A few weeks ago we joined the 21st century by adding texting to our outdated "dumb-phones."  It happened because my good neighbor on upper Boulder Creek Rd would text me during the day to just ask a quick question or feel the need to tell me something that didn't warrant a phone call which usually led to a longer conversation than we expected when one subject continued to open another dialogue.  Immediately after leaving the Verizon store, I texted, ????, notified John, Mark, and Mary that we just added text to our plan.  Being a virgin texter, I accidentally sent the message to another Mary who used to be our neighbor on Candlewick St. in Florida so later that day I received a reply asking "who are you?" followed by a phone call from the Florida Mary.  The drawback with a "dumb-phone" is the time it takes to reply or compose a text. We don't have a keyboard, or whatever it's called, so one has to strike the number key the number of times it takes to arrive at the desired letter.  At  first as I started replying to Mary's texts, my words had no apostrophes and the sentences blended into each other when I couldn't locate any punctuation.  By playing with with the pad, I discovered punctuation marks.  I write full sentences, as does John and Mark. Of course my texts and replies take 10 minutes to pound out using my baby finger on the tiny keys.  Mark is in the UK this week on business and I'm receiving a daily text update from him.  It's a nice feature and I am truly enjoying my quick connection to my family and friends.

Comments

ralph said…
alright, suddenly i feel very old... my mother texts and i don't! what sort of crazy world do we live in?!

Popular posts from this blog