A couple of days ago I posted a few more pictures of the ground work when we got a text from our builder that upset Cliff which in turn upset me which caused me to quickly delete the post I had just published.  After sitting at his kitchen table and talking to our builder, Cliff and I both calmed down and the work continued. 


Cliff cut trees to about 12' so Jamie could stack them.

Cliff and Mike measured and squared the corners.  Fluorescent paint marks the ground where footers will be dug.

Digging footers
Jamie brought his 3-year old son to work with him today so I pulled out the wooden blocks and the box of hot wheels in case he wanted to play on the porch while his dad rumbled around in the track-hoe cutting trenches in the mountainside.  Suddenly it hit me. 
Why would you want to play with a construction toy when you can help control the real thing?
This took much longer than expected.  Along the east side of the footer, Jamie had to smash ledge to get the depth he needed.

Looks small but the garage will be 22 X 26.
Not sure if anything will get accomplished in the next 10 days or so.  Thanksgiving is next week and you can't get anyone to show up at work during deer hunting season.  It's OK................it's just the way it is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog