My art/sewing room and Cliff's radio room are being built at the back of the garage.  I had dreams of building a garden shed down near my garden that I could retreat to and soak in the peacefulness of the woods listening to the birds and watching up close as the deer ate the peas.  Garden magazines display rustic buildings that husbands and wives build together.  Her garden shed is surrounded with flowers, clay pots, french doors that open to a path leading to more flowers.  When I found out what this dream would cost, we decided to just have Jeff and Larry build two rooms at the back of the garage.  We're not carpenters.  Cliff is a technical person and anything that requires wires, coax, plugs, antennae, and duct tape is his comfort zone. 

 My room
Jeff and Larry cutting out two holes in the corner of my room for my windows overlooking the woods. 
Windows in place and insulation up.
The beginning of Cliff's ham shack.
My windows from the outside.  I have to be careful not to fall down the mountain while taking the pictures.

Our rooms as of Friday afternoon.  Next week some finishing details will be done around the windows, ceilings, and corners of the walls.  Jeff will build Cliff's counters for his radio equipment. Ceiling fans will go up Monday and after the final inspection we will paint our walls and start moving things in.  I'll post more pictures as we paint and arrange our new rooms.  I'm thinking zen peach for my walls and roll bamboo shades to block some of the afternoon sun.  Bill Meddock made an armoire for my art supplies and it will soon have a new home.  My sewing projects and art projects will be able to be left in place and worked on whenever I want.  For four years they have cluttered the kitchen counters and the island block so that anytime I wanted to bake bread, make meals, bake cookies and pies, I've had to pack everything up and pile it in a stack somewhere else. 

And a few bird photos from my kitchen window.
Titmouse wondering if he should try and share the feeder with the male cardinal.

The very majestic and regal male cardinal wondering if he can nab a sunflower seed while that evil sparrow sits in the feeder.
Carolina chickadee
While at the sink washing dishes or cutting up vegetables for soup, I so enjoy these foolish birds.  They possess such interesting personalities and remind us of people we know.
This one is for Lauria!
One day while we were eating lunch in TN, or were we in GA, this sign caught my eye.

We were eating in TN but had to go to GA to use the restrooms.






Comments

Anonymous said…
Before Mike moved back home and we renovated I had a sewing/craft room all to myself. It was so nice to be able to just close the door and leave everything spread around until my next spare moment. Now it's back to tables and kitchen counters. Oh well!
ralph said…
hey, beer is what's for dinner every night here!! :D

love the little rooms you're building for me and jim. i guess the kids will sleep inside the house, with you?

Popular posts from this blog